We are called by Christ to grow in faith, build relationships and serve all people through the arts.
Throughout Church history, the Christian story has been told in fine art, drama, music and artisan crafts. The Arts Alive Academy embraces this tradition and carries it forward, providing opportunities for young people to grow in artistic skill, empowering them to tell their own stories through art.
We recognize that God makes beautiful things out of us and we are called to make beautiful things in the world. art classes music lessons
At Memorial United Methodist Church, we are committed to offering opportunities for artistic expression. We celebrate our shared heritage as children of God as we work to promote the Gospel in our community. We worship God through art.
"To practice any art, no matter how well...is a way to make your soul grow." – Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
We would like to thank our generous sponsors and you all for supporting our students and our program with your time, talents, and gifts.
This project is supported by the North Carolina Arts Council a division of the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources an Arts Davidson County.
Are you planning a special event? Are you looking for performers or artists to exhibit at your community event or facility? Send me a message about your plans, and I will get back to you soon!
We're working hard to keep students safe! Here's a list of protocols we will be following at the academy:
1) Everyone MUST wear a face mask. If you forget to bring a mask, one will be provided for you. We will keep windows open in the classrooms and the air system circulating at all times.
2) Hand sanitizing. - Hand sanitizing stations will be set up at the elevator, and classrooms please sanitize before entering the elevator and before playing shared instruments such as the piano.
3) DO NOT USE THE STAIRS- we ask everyone to use the elevator to control the spread of germs on touch surfaces ie: handrails.
4) Upon arrival on the 3rd floor you will be greeted and ask health screening questions and have a temperature check. If you know you or your student is feverish or have cold like symptoms, please do not come to class.
5) USE OF WAITING AREA: Please sit 6 feet apart in the waiting area or you may wish to wait in your car.
6) Music stands, instruments, art tables and other touch surfaces in the classroom are to be sanitized between classes. We are allowing 15 minutes between each class/lesson for instructors to do this. Art students will have their own personal pouch of supplies provided.